- Born: Abt 1725, King And Queen County, Virginia
- Marriage (1): Eleanor Lea about 1755 in Caroline County, Virginia
- Marriage (2): Elinor Broaddus
- Died: Bef 6 Apr 1763, Caroline County, Virginia
Virginia County Records SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY 1721-1800 DEEDS
DEED BOOK C - 1724-1742
Dec. 6, 1736. John Foster of St. Geo. Par., Spts Co., to Cornelius Vaughan and Martin Vaughan (the two youngest sons of Cornelius Vaughan, late Decd.) of Drysdale Par., King and Queen Co. 25lb curr. pd. Foster by sd. Vaughan, decd. sd. Foster deeds 465 a. in St. Geo. Par., Spts. Co., part of pat. granted sd. Foster, Oct. 19, 1736. Anthony Foster, John Chapman, Ignatius x Tureman. Dec. 7, 1736
DEED BOOK E 1751-1761 page 219 April 6, 1761. MARTIN VAUGHAN of Caroline Co. and Elinor, his wife, to John BULLOCK of Spts. Co. £35 curr. 233 a. in Spts. Co., part of a tract purchased by Cornelius Vaughan, Decd., of John Foster, and by the sd. Foster conveyed to Cornelius and the sd. Martin Vaughan, sons of Cornelius Vaughan, Decd., as by Deed, June 5, 1750. Edwd. HERNDON, John Holloday (HOLLIDAY), Rice GRAVES. April 6, 1761.
Virginia County Records SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY 1721-1800 WILLS, WILL BOOK E 1772-1798
VAUGHAN, ELIZABETH, Spotsylvania Co. d. Nov. 14, 1775, Executors Bond dated Nov. 19, 1778. Wit. Nathan Hawkins, Edward Leavell. Ex. William Pemberton. Leg. my four children which are now alive, and my son Martin Vaughan's four children, his part to be equally divided amongst them, Cornelius Vaughan, Bridget Broadas, Elizabeth Pember-ton, Margaret Geter. (Page 251) . Leavell, Edward before 11-14-1775 witnessed will of Vaughan, Elizabeth of VA, Spotsylvania Co.
The will of Cornelius Vaughan was found in a chancery court case and published in THE MAGAZINE OF VIRGINIA GENEALOGY, Vol. 37, No. 3, August 1999. He didn't mention a son named Martin, but did mention an unborn child. Since Cornelius' widow, Elizabeth, in her own will, mentioned her son Martin, it seems reasonable to think that that unborn child was Martin. In Caroline County, Virginia, on April 12, 1751, one Martin Vaughn bound himself as apprentice to Thomas Montague. I believe he would have been at least 14 in order to bind himself, and probably was not yet 21, therefore, born between 1730 and 1737. If, as I believe, he was the posthumous son of Cornelius Vaughan, he was probably born between November 1735 and May 1736.
D.) Martin VAUGHAN (1334) (Spotsylvania County Deed Book 1721 - 1800 page 219 .) was buried in Now Caroline County VA. He was born between 1720 and 1730 in King and Queen County, VA, USA (From Barbara B. Lindauer.). He married Ellender/Elinor LEA (1356), daughter of Francis LEA (5363163) and Ann LEA (5363164), circa 1755 in Caroline County (?) VA. He died circa 1765 in Caroline County, VA, USA.
1. Cornelius VAUGHAN 3 (1357) (In 1772 with Joseph Edwards, Guardian, in Amhearst County VA .) (Data from Barbara Lindauer - August 1988 .) was born on 19 March 1759 in VA. He married Nancy Ann CARTER (1488), daughter of Job CARTER (5363265), on 11 November 1778 in Amhearst County, VA, USA. He died between May 1780 and June 1780 in Revolutionary War at age 21.
2. John VAUGHAN (1221) (From Sybil P. Harmon/Dallas.) (From Barbara B. Lindauer.) was born on 24 January 1760 in VA. He married Elizabeth LOONEY (1222), daughter of David LOONEY (5363075) and Mary (--?--) (5363076), on 16 August 1783 in Amhearst County, VA, USA. He was buried in November 1821 in Woodford County, KY, USA. He died on 12 November 1821 in Woodford County KY at age 61.
MARTIN VAUGHN, b. Abt. 1726, King and Queen County, Virginia; d. 1764, Caroline County, Virginia; m. ELINOR LEA, Abt. 1755, King and Queen County, Virginia; b. Abt. 1721, King and Queen County, Virginia; d. Abt. 1755, King and Queen County, Virginia.
Francis Lea's will is dated July 14, 1766, and is recorded in Louisa County, Virginia, WB 1, p. 82. He mentions his daughter "Eleanor Relict of Martin Vaun". This suggests that Martin, son of Cornelius and Elizabeth Vaughan, married Eleanor, daughter of Francis Lea. Eleanor (Lea) Vaughan married as her second husband, Joseph Edwards of Caroline County, Virginia; they lived in Amherst County, Virginia, and Woodford County, Kentucky.
Martin married Eleanor Lea, daughter of Francis Lea and Ann White, about 1755 in Caroline County, Virginia. (Eleanor Lea was born about 1730 and died after Nov 1791.)
Martin next married Elinor Broaddus, daughter of Edward Broaddus and Dollyddelann Gwynn. (Elinor Broaddus died about 1754.)